Content – Содержание
Порядок слов в британском повествовательном предложении … 4
Имя существительное ……………………………………………… 5
Артикль ……………………………………………………............... 6
Местоимение ……………………………………………………….. 7
Some, any, no …………………………………………....................... 8
Many, much, few, little ……………………………………………… 9
Прилагательное ……………………………………………………. 10
“to be” ………………………………………………………………...14
“to be, to do, to have” …………………………………………………15
“have/have got” ……………………………………………………….17
Времена глагола в активном залоге ………………………………...18
Времена глагола в пассивном залоге ……………………………… 26
Модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты ……………………………. 28
Типы Повествовательном предложении вопросительных предложений ……………………………… 32
Причастие …………………………………………………………… 33
Причастные обороты ……………………………………………….. 35
Герундий. Герундиальный оборот ………………………………… 36
Инфинитив. Инфинитивные обороты …………………………….. 37
Согласование времен ……………………………………………….. 39
Ровная и непрямая речь ……………………………………………. 40
Условные предложения ……………………………………………. 42
STOP & CHECK YOURSELF………………………………………. 44
К таблице 1:Порядок слов в британском
Задание 1. Составьте предложения из последующих слов, соблюдая порядок слов в британском предложении.
1. Is, a, table, book, on, there, the. 2
2. Library, very, is, good Повествовательном предложении, our.
3. Are 35, pupils, class, our, in, there.
4. Like, I, read, to, books.
5. She, to, goes, Pete, with, school.
6. Study, in, we, winter.
7. In, room, is, there, telephone, my, a.
8. Visit, uncle, to, went, to, his, Pavel, Moscow.
9. They, with, play, Saturday, every, basket ball, friends, their?
10. He, fond, always Повествовательном предложении, English, he, because, is, well, language, of, this, knows.
11. Datum, blackboard, was, this, on, formula, the, of, there, this.
Задание 2. Составьте предложения из последующих слов, соблюдая порядок слов в британском предложении.
1. Usually, it, me, to get, takes, my, an hour, to, office.
2. There, any, are, on Повествовательном предложении, the blackboard, figures.
3. A picture, there, over, the bookcase, is?
4. Countries, the, metric system, European, use, most, now.
5. This, the, to, have, no, I, to, time, gym, go, afternoon.
6. Winning, players, a lot of, among, team, has, of, friends, he.
7. Farmers, club, built, last, students, new, for, year, collective.
8. See Повествовательном предложении, cinema, time, to, go, I, new, the, have, when, free, the, the, film, to, I.
9. There, are, United, situated, the, Atlantic, States, the Pacific, between, Oceans, and.
10. Will, a, be, laboratory, in, there, this, next, room, year.
11. Had, our, finished, we, experiment?
12. Are of, full, news, newspapers, our, interesting, USA Повествовательном предложении, about, the.
Задание 3.Составьте предложения из последующих слов, соблюдая порядок слов в британском предложении.
1. In winter, study, we, and, in summer, rest.
2. A library, we, at, have, very, school, good, our.
3. Many, factories, are, at, there, town, our.
4. Friend, Donetsk, studies, my, at, University, the, in.
5. Is, for Повествовательном предложении, friend, this, letter, your, I, which, received, yesterday.
6. To, Victor, four, wrote, days, a, his, letter, ago, friend.
7. See, often, we, library, them, our, at, local.
8. Morning, at, o’clock, in, usually, up, woke, the, six.
9. Group, will, students, the, of, go, State, to, Museum, tomorrow, History, the.
10. The, is Повествовательном предложении, the best, famous, one, museums, world, the, in, British, of, museum.
К таблице 2: Имя существительное
Задание 1.Изберите правильную форму множественного числа существительного
1. a school (A – schooles, B – schools, C – school); 2. a sheep (A – sheep, B – sheeps, C – sheepes); 3. news (A – newes, B – newses, C – news); 4. a child (A – childs, B Повествовательном предложении – children, C – childrens); 5. a baby (A – babys, B – babies, C – babis); 6. money (A – money, B – moneys, C – moneis);7. A goose (A – gooses, B – geeses, C – geese); 8. advice (A –advice, B – advices, C – advicis); 9. a handkerchief (A –handkerchiefs, B – handkerchieves, C – handkerchievs); 10. foot (A – foots, B – feets, C– feet); 11. sugar (A Повествовательном предложении– sugas, B – sugares, C – sugar); 12. hair (A–hairs, B – hair, C – haires); 13. A box (A – box, B – boxes, C – box); 14. information (A – informations, B – information, C – informationes); 15. a housewife (A – housewifes, B – housewifs, C – housewives).
Задание 2.Изберите форму существительного в притяжательном падеже. .
1. The tooth of my little Повествовательном предложении brother 2. The toys of my sister
A. My brother's little tooth; A. My sister's toys
B .My little brother's tooth B. My sisters' toys
C. My tooth's little brother C. The toys' my sister
3. The wages of my father 4. The text-book of my friend
A. Father's my wages Повествовательном предложении; A. My friends' text-book
B. Wages' my father B. My friend's the textbook
C. My father's wages C. My friend's text-book
5. The people of this country. 6. The goods of that office.
A.This country's people; A. That office's goods;
B.These people's country; B. That Повествовательном предложении offices' goods
C. Country's these people. C. The goods' that office
7. The instruments of his father. 8. The children of my aunt.
A. His father's instruments; A. My aunts' children;
B. His instrument's father; B. Children's my aunt;
C. The father's instruments. C. My aunt's children.
9. The Повествовательном предложении geese of my Granny. 10. The trousers of those boys.
A. Geese's my Granny; A. Those boy's trousers;
B. My Granny's geese; B. Those boys' trousers;
C. My geese's Granny. C. The trousers' those boys.
К таблице 3: Артикль
Задание 1.Поставьте неопределённый, определённый либо нулевой Повествовательном предложении артикли перед последующими существительными и словосочетаниями.
... House, ... Petrovs, my ... sister, ... butter, ... knowledge, ... Asia, ... Caucasus, ... Apennines, much ...water, by ... tram, ... Transvaal, any ... pen, ... sugar, ...
Bermudas, ... milk, in ... morning, at... school, on ... right, by day, to go to ... bed, to tell... time, ... sun, at... time, to have ... cold, ... tea, ... Azores, ... Black Повествовательном предложении Sea, .... snow,... British Channel,... Australia,... Doctor Brown, that ... boy, ... Professor Pavlov, ... coal, ... Titanic, ... I Geography, some ... books, ... music, ... Pacific Ocean, this I... dictionary,... Rostov (hotel), ... Paris, little ... milk, ... moon, ... best boy, ... second lesson, ... United States of America,... Scotland,... Appalachians,... America,... Florida, ... Bahamas, ... Rocky Mountains, ... Alaska, ... Sunday Times.
Задание 2.Подберите заместо пропусков Повествовательном предложении нужный артикль: А – а; В – аn; C – the, D – (нулевой артикль)
А. Имена существительные нарицательные
1. You've got... cold. Stay at... home and have ... apple. 2. Give me your ... pen, please. This ... pen is bad. 3. What's ... time? Oh, it's high time to train and play ... piano. 4. To tell Повествовательном предложении ... truth, I am not ready for ... lesson. 5. In ... spring we like to go for ... walk in ... park. 6. Come to see me ... day after tomorrow in ... evening. 7. We had ... good time on ... board ... ship this ... summer. 8. As ... result of our
... walk we've got ... lot of beautiful autumn ... leaves. 9. Don't be Повествовательном предложении in ... hurry, take your ... seat and tell me about... school. 10. Take ... care of your sister, she has ... bad headache.
Б. Имена существительные собственные
1. On ... Wednesday ... Times published an article about the events in ... Caucasus. 2. ... United Kingdom includes ... Great Britain and ... Northern Ireland. 3. ... English Channel is between ... England and Повествовательном предложении ... France. 4. My father is from ... Ukraine. He was born in the town of Cherkassy on ... Dnieper river. 5. ... USA is the fourth largest country in the world after ... Russia, ... Canada and ... Republic of ... China. 6. ... Lena is ... longest river in ... Siberia. 7. My relatives live in ... Crimea, not far from ... Black Sea. 8. Sometimes on ... Sundays Повествовательном предложении we enjoy a wonderful journey on board ... «Ivan Polsunov» along ... Don. 9. Show me ... Canary Islands and ... Azores on this map. 10. ... Browns speak ... Russian very well because they often visit... Moscow and other cities of ... Russia.
К таблице 4: Местоимения
Задание 1.Переведите на британский язык, стоящие в скобках притяжательные и возвратимые местоимения Повествовательном предложении.
1. This is (наш) Institute. 2. These are (их) drawings. 3. I don’t know where I have put (собственный) pencil. 4. I don’t know where is (мой) pencil. 5.Give me (вашу) pen, please. 6. She must write (собственный) translation. 7. He wants to read (собственный) translation and they will read (свои Повествовательном предложении) translation. 8. He has no idea where (его) ticket is. 9. I shall give him (собственный) ticket as I don’t want to go to the cinema. 10. Here is the table I want to show you; one of (его) legs is broken. 11. I gave her (его) book. 12. We shall give them (свои Повествовательном предложении) tools. 13. I’ll do this (сам). 14. The experiment (сам) was very important.
Задание 2.Раскройте скобки, выбрав правильную форму местоимения.
1. I often meet (his, him) in the reading-room. 2. Will you give (I, me) your text-book, please? 3. I received a letter from (she, her). 4. We saw (they, them) in the Повествовательном предложении theatre. 5. Give me (you, your) ball-point-pen (шариковая ручка), please. 6. (Me, my) sister teaches (them, their) mathematics. 7. (Our, us) students were present at the lecture. 8. (Many, much) students were present at the lecture. 9. He reads (little, few). 10. She spends (many, much) time on this kind of work.
Задание 3.Раскройте Повествовательном предложении скобки, выбрав правильную форму местоимения.
1. I used (her, hers) bicycle; (my, mine) is broken. 2. I recognize you but I have forgotten (your, yours) name. 3. (Your, yours) suitcase is bigger than (our, ours). 4. (Their, theirs) dog ate its dinner. 5. Is this bicycle (your, yours)? No, it’s John’s. 6. Is this Повествовательном предложении one (our, ours)? I’m not sure. 7. This is (my, mine) typewriter. 8. That is (her, hers) problem. 9. Those glasses are (my, mine). 10. Are these (your, yours) shoes? No, they are (their, theirs). 11. Show (we, our, us) these pictures, we like (their, them, they). 12. Whose books are these? They Повествовательном предложении are (we, us, our) books. 13. Look at the picture, (it, it’s, she) beautiful. 14. Come to see (my, I, me) today. 15. His sister likes to read (she, her, his) books on history. She reads (they, them, their) after classes. 16. Help (I, my, me) with this translation, please (he, it, his Повествовательном предложении) is difficult. I cannot do it without (you, your) help. 17. Ivanova is (our, we, us) teacher of English. (She, her, it) is not old. 18. Read the text, please. (He, she, it) is easy. 19. This letter is from (his, he, him). 20. I am going to (he, him, his) sister.
Задание Повествовательном предложении 4.Раскройте скобки, поставив предложенные ниже личные и притяжательные местоимения в правильной форме.
A.Местоимения в единственном числе: my, me, mine, his, his, her, hers, it, its.
1. Give (мнe) (ee) book to read. (Moя) - is not interesting. 2. Are these (eгo) text-books? No, they are (ее). 3. Show (мне Повествовательном предложении) (его) magazine, please. 4. (Его) sister is here, and where is (моя)? 5. Give (ему) (его) pen. He likes to write with (ею). (Она) is always with (ним). 6. Please, help (мне) to write a report for (него). (Он) needs (в нём) for tomorrow. 7. (Это) is not (его) key. (Он) is (ее). 8. Give (мне) (ее Повествовательном предложении) photo and I’ll give (для тебя) (мое). 9. I asked (ее) to help (ему) to do (его) home-task. 10. Is (это) (ее) map? (Я) am not sure. (Я) think, (она) is (его).
Б. Местоимения во множественном числе: we, us, our, ours, you, your, yours, they, them, their, theirs.
1. (Мы Повествовательном предложении) are (их) relatives, not (ваши). 2. Show (нам) (нашего) new teacher. 3. Whose girl is this? The girl is (наша). 4. Are the boys (ваши) friends? No, (они) are (их) friends. 5. All (ваши) suitcases are in (их) car. Take (их). 6. What is (ваш) address? (Их) is the same. (Они) live not far Повествовательном предложении from (вас). 7. How long are (вы) waiting for (нас)? 8. (Мы) asked (их) to live with (нами) at (нашей) summer cottage. 9. Where are (их) glasses? Show (их) to (нам). 10. We know (их) very well. (Они) are the friends of (наши).
К таблицам 4.2-4.4: SOME, ANY, NO и их производные
Задание Повествовательном предложении 1.Заполните пропуски местоимениямиSOMEлибоANY.
a.1. There are ____ photographs in the cupboard. 2. Here are ____ lines from a poem by Wordsworth. 3. There aren’t ____ good films on this week. 4. Don’t take ____ tablets this evening. 5. They’re building ____ new houses in the next street. 6. I don’t have ____ clean shirts. 7. Please buy ____ stamps for Повествовательном предложении me on your way to work. 8. I met ____ old friends at the station yesterday. 9. I won’t leave ____ windows open tonight. 10. She hasn’t written ____ interesting books recently.
b.1. We wanted to make ____ sandwiches but we found we hadn’t got ____ bread. 2. I left ____ meat on the table and Повествовательном предложении the dog ate it while I was out. 3. He got out his pen to sign the cheque but there wasn’t ____ ink in it. 4. Please fetch me ____ dry wood to get the fire started. 5. The expansion plans sounded wonderful, but unfortunately the company didn’t have ____ money to pay Повествовательном предложении for them. 6. Don’t leave ____ food in the fridge when you go away on holiday. 7. At the concert last night they played ____ music I had never heard before. 8. To try to save money, the firm bought ____ secondhand machinery at a sale. 9. You haven’t done ____ work so you can Повествовательном предложении’t expert ____ pay. 10. ____ French wine is quite sweet.
c.1. Let me give you ____ advice about learning a language. 2. Try to do ____ studying every day. 3. Even when you think you don’t have ____ time, try and find ten minutes, and learn ____ words. 4. ____ people think that learning a language is something Повествовательном предложении we can do without ____ difficulty. 5. We know that there isn’t ____ truth in that idea. 6. You have to do ____ hard work, or you won’t make ____ progress. 7. With the linguaphone course we’ve tried to make even the hard work enjoyable. 8. So you won’t forget ____ of Повествовательном предложении the exercises, will you?
d. 1. I see … bread. Why haven’t you bought …, Nick? – I had … time to do it. 2. Have … soup, Helen. – No, thank you. I had … soup at dinner. I don’t want … more. 3. Were there … mistakes in your paper? – Yes, there were…. (No, there weren’t Повествовательном предложении ….). 4. Will there be … concert after the meeting? – No, there won’t be … concert. 5. Why didn’t they give us … postcards to send?
Задание 2.Изберите верный вариант.
I’d like some/any tea please.
1. I’m sorry, Sir, but we haven’t got any/no fish. 2. Natalya ate some toasts/toast but Повествовательном предложении I didn’t have any. 3. There’s/There are some cheese on the table. 4. I didn’t give Fiona an/any apple. 5. We had some/any hot chocolate last night before we went to bed. 6. They didn’t see some/any bread in the market. 7. Oh dear, there’s no/any milk. 8. I haven Повествовательном предложении’t got some/any money for new clothes.
MANY, MUCH, FEW, LITTLE
Задание 1.Воткните MUCH либоMANY в последующих предложениях.
1. … people want to study foreign languages. 2. It’s not good to drink … water. 3. There was not … rain last month. 4. How … money did pay for your watch? How … did you pay for your coat? 5. How Повествовательном предложении … time does it take you to get to the university? 6. How … times did you go to the seaside last year.
Задание 2. Заполните пропуски, употребляя little, a little, few, a few.
1. There is ... smoke in the room. 2. Give me ... sheets of paper. 3. I see ... clouds in the sky. 4. She needs Повествовательном предложении ... new dresses. 5. There is ... gas in the kitchen. 6. There are ... beautiful streets in our town. 7. For dessert I usually take ... apples. 8. There are ... bridges across the river. 9. I have ... trouble with my spelling. 10. I want to drink ... water. 11. Only ... pupils know how to do it. 12. My brother Повествовательном предложении has ... English books. 13. You eat ... bread, don't you?
Задание 2.Составьте предложения, используяоборот «there is/are».Добавьте much/manyв значении«много».
1. (cakes / on the dish) – There are many cakes on the dish.
2. (milk / in the cup) –
3. (apples / on the apple-tree) –
4. (jam / on the saucer) –
5. (water / in the kettle) –
6. (knives and forks Повествовательном предложении / on the table) –
К таблице 5: Имя прилагательное
Задание 1.Поставьте прилагательные в скобках в сравнительной либо потрясающей степени. Переведите предложения.
1. John’s room looks (comfortable), Mary’s room looks (comfortable), but Jack’s room looks (comfortable). 2. The Soviet Union is (large) country in the world. 3. This is (good) film of all Повествовательном предложении the films I have seen this year. 4. The Moscow underground is (beautiful) underground in the world. 5. This exercise is (difficult) than that one. 6. This book is (easy) than the last one I read a month ago. 7. I think Edward is (lazy) pupil of the group. 8. Your theatre is Повествовательном предложении as (good) as ours. 9. I am, maybe, (hungry) than you are. 10. Peter was late for his lessons, Jack was (late), but Nick was (late). 11. Kate speaks English (good) than her sister. 12. Today’s hometask is (easy) than yesterday’s one. 13. This ground is as (black) as coal Повествовательном предложении. 14. She is as (brown) as a berry.
Задание 2.Образуйте от прилагательных, стоящих в скобках, сравнительную либо потрясающую степень.
1. His plan is (practical) than yours. 2. London is the (large) city in England. 3. Silver is (heavy) than copper. 4. This exercise is (good) than the last one. 5. Iron is (useful) of all metals. 6. The Neva is Повествовательном предложении (wide) and (deep) than the Moskva River. 7. The 22nd of December is the (short) day in the year. 8. Her report is (bad) than yours.
Задание 3.Откройте скобки, поставив прилагательные в подходящую форму.
1. This mountain is the (high) in Europe. 2. This piece of homework is as (bad) as your last Повествовательном предложении one. 3. This piece of homework is (bad) than your last one. 4. Richard is not as (tall) as Tom. 5. Tom is (tall) than Richard. 6. Tom is the (tall) boy in the class. 7. Athens (Афины) is (far) from London than Rome is. 8. Jack is (rich) than Richard, but I don’t think Повествовательном предложении he is (happy) than Richard. 9. Our neighbors have (many) hens than we have, but they get (few) eggs.
Задание 4.Откройте скобки, поставив прилагательные в подходящую форму.
1. Summer is the (warm) of the four season. 2. Winter in London is (foggy) than in Paris. 3. These are the (bad Повествовательном предложении) cigarettes I have ever smoked. 4. I think I am the (bad) dancer in the world! You are not (bad) than I am. 5. Your work is much (good) than I thought. 6. London is (big) than Manchester. Manchester is (small) than London. 7. A train goes faster than a ship but not Повествовательном предложении as (fast) as an airplane. Which is the (fast)? Which is the (slow)? 8. This is the (wonderful) and (beautiful) film I have ever seen.
Задание 5.Откройте скобки, поставив прилагательные в подходящую форму.
1. He doesn’t look a day (old) than forty. 2. What (nice) present is there then a box of chocolates? 3. What (good Повествовательном предложении) present is there than a box of cigarettes? 4. Jack and Peter are exactly as (old) as each other and exactly as (tall) as each other. 5. Susan is (old) than Mark; she is the (old) of the family. 6. Summer is (warm) than winter. 7. Robert and Paul are the (noisy) boys Повествовательном предложении that I know. 8. Boys are always (noisy) than girl.
Задание 6.Изберите правильное слово.
1. England is (less, smaller) than France. 2. I’ve got (less, smaller) time today than yesterday. 3. There’s (less, fewer) people at the stadium on weekdays than. At the weekend. 4. Don’t we spend (less, fewer) time at Повествовательном предложении the stadium then in front of our tallies? 5. We’re going to do (larger, more) business with Brown and Co. in the near future. 6. (Larger and larger, more and more) companies in Greet Britain do business with Russian counterparts. 7. “Isn’t this exhibition a little (less Повествовательном предложении, smaller, fewer) than the one we went to last Sunday?” “Yes, there are (less, smaller, fewer) pictures here, I think”.
Задание 7.Поменяйте данные в скобках прилагательные на верный вариант из числа предложенных.
1. Jimmy is (short) boy in his class
А — shorter, В — shortest , С — the shortest
2. Her eyes are (blue) as the sky
A Повествовательном предложении — no blue, B — as blue, C — bluer
3. Polly is two years (old) than her brother
A — asold, B — oldest, C — older
4.Bul Polly is not so (tall) as her brother
A — tall, B — taller C — the tallest
5. This task is (difficult) than that one
A — as difficult, B — more difficult, C — the most difficult
6. Den Повествовательном предложении’s dictation is (bad) than mine
A — much worse, B — worse, C — the worst
7. Lizzy is (young) in her family
A — the most young, B — the youngest, C — younger
8. Where is (near) post-office, please?
A — nearer, B — more near, C — the nearest
9. Ann’s wages are (little) than her husband's wages.
A — littler, B Повествовательном предложении — more little, C — less
10. Pushkin is (famous) Russian poet.
A — more famous, B — the most famous, C – famouser
К таблице 6. Числительное
Задание 1. Напишите на британском языке последующие даты.
7 ноября 1917 г.; 21 января 1921 г.; 15 мая 1935 г.; 20 июня 1937.; 31 августа 1937 г.; 22 июня 1941 г.; 2февраля 1943г.; 8 мая 1945 г.; 31 мая 1952 г.; 5 декабря 1957г.; 12 апреля 1961 г Повествовательном предложении.; 13 октября 1964 г.; 10 ноября 1970г; 20 января 1978 г.; 19 августа 1991 г.; 12 июня 1992г.; 11 декабря 1999 г.; 26 марта 2000 г.
Задание 2. Переведите на британский язык.
Тыщи книжек; три тыщи рублей; трое моих друзей; 50 кг; сотки ящиков; триста автомобилей; миллионы людей; двести 30 5 баксов и 30 центов; 6 ваших книжек; тыщи сел; два миллиона тонн; двести боец; 100 пятнадцать учебников; 20 один денек Повествовательном предложении; сотки студентов; 7 января 2000 года.
К таблице 7: Предлоги
Задание 1.Воткните пропущенные предлоги и переведите предложения.
1. The man who spoke was standing … me. 2. Put the two books side … side. 3. Everyone was listening … the director of the school. 4. He lived here … 1956 and 1960. 5. That book was written … Dickens. 6. This is a book … the Ukraine and Повествовательном предложении the Ukrainian people. 7. He who is not for us is … us. 8. He has bought ten pencils and there is not a single red one … them. 9. The mother divided the apple … the two boys. 10. Look … Pete, he is standing … the window. 11. He put his hands … his pockets. 12. What town are Повествовательном предложении you going…? 13. They walked … the room and sat … … the table. 14. I shall come back … a year. 15. There are houses … both sides … … the street. 16. I bought a pen … one rouble. 17. A friend … mine went … me to the market. 18. Come to see us … Sunday the 10th … April. 19. I’ll Повествовательном предложении stay … my friends. … the contrary, you must go home now.
Задание 2.Заполните пропуски предлогами.
1. You can see the plays … Shakespeare … our theatre. 2. The leaves … this tree are very nice. 3. Will you go … the cinema tonight? – No, I won’t. I’ll go … Tuesday night. 4. When I come … school I usually take Повествовательном предложении my text-books and exercise-books … … the bag and put them … the table. 5. We live … a nice flat … a new house. 6. We do not swim … winter; … winter we skate and play hokey. 7. My father gets up … seven o’clock news … Moscow. 11. His sister does not go Повествовательном предложении … the plant … bus or … tram, she walks there. 12. The lamp is right … my table. 13. – What time is it … your watch? - … my watch it is ten. 14. I play football … my school-mates. 15. The pupils are … a lesson now. 16. When the lesson is over the pupils go … … the classroom … the yard. 17. The Повествовательном предложении village is … the forest, soon we shall get there. 18. They are going … the square. 19. Today you can go … the university … a coat, it’s quite warm. 20. Now the children are sitting … their desks, they are having a lesson.
Задание 3.Заполните пропуски предлогами.
1. Young people all over the world like to listen Повествовательном предложении … music everywhere they go. 2. You shouldn’t depend … Tom, he’s always late. 3. I can’t open the door, I’m looking … the key. 4. Who are you waiting…? 5. I can look … your baby while you go shopping. 6. It took Tom five minutes to climb … the tree. 7. Look … this Повествовательном предложении photo! Isn’t it nice? 8. Don’t laugh … my little sister! 9. Who has paid … the meal? 10. Jim is a person I can rely… . 11. The man was deeply absorbed … his thoughts that he didn’t notice me. 12. Do you really believe … ghost? 13. I feed my tortoise … cabbage leaves. 14. What size are Повествовательном предложении these boots? May I try them…? 15. After Harry had failed his exams three times, he gave … trying to enter the college. 16. Why don’t you insist … his going in for sports? 17. How is she getting … at school?
Задание 4.Заполните попуски предлогами.
1. Barbara plays … the piano well. 2. … my mind Повествовательном предложении, it was the most stupid thing he could do. 3. Translate these words … English … Russian. 4. My brother gave the money … me. 5. Learn this poem … heart. 6. At last I opened the can … a knife. 7. I go to school … foot, but yesterday I went to school … bus. 8. “Winnie-the-Pooh” is written Повествовательном предложении … Alan Milne. 9. Give … him that book, please. 10. My aunt lives … the ground floor … a fourteen-storey block … flats. 11. What is that ring мейд…? 12. … general, they both think that they don’t have a bad life. 13. According … the forecast the weather will remain better than usual for this time Повествовательном предложении of year. 14. … first she cried bitter tears, and then explained what the matter was. 15. What was the reason … his absence? 16. Why has he fallen … love … such a strange girl?
Задание 5. Заполните пропуски предлогами at, on, after, of, about.
1. Ben’s two sons are … school and his daughter is … Oxford (University Повествовательном предложении). 2. Is your mother … home now? 3. Mr. and Mrs. Brown and their guests are sitting … table now. 4. Pete and Jane are asking their friend … his work. 5. Is your brother fond … mathematics? 6. Bill and Mary are going to play chess … classes. 8. Bill is writing a sentence … the blackboard.
Задание Повествовательном предложении 6.Заполните пропуски предлогами from, into, till, through, in, for, at, up, to.
Mike is a university student. He goes … the university every day. … the morning his mother wakes him…. He gets …, washes and shaves. Then he has breakfast. He often has bacon and eggs, coffee and toast … breakfast. He does Повествовательном предложении not look … newspapers … the morning, he look them … … the evening. Mike usually leaves … the university … a quarter … eight. He lives … Taganskaya Underground Station and it takes him ten minutes to get there. Mike often has lunch … the University canteen. He often stays … the library … 8 p.m. He translates Повествовательном предложении texts … French … Russian and does exercises.
Задание 7.Воткните заместо пропусков предлоги in, on, under, about, for, with.
1. Where is my exercise book? – Is it … your schoolbag? – No, it isn’t. – Is it … the table? – No. Look … the table. – Oh, here it is. 2. Tell us … your holydays. 3. I have a latter … you Повествовательном предложении. 4. They went out … a walk.
К таблице 8.2: «to be» в реальном времени
Задание 1.Воткните глагол to be в Present Simple.
1. What ... your name? — My name ... Shirley Frank. 2. What ...your address? — My address ... 175 Grand Central Parkway. 3. What ... your phone number? — My phone number ... 718-1930. 4. Where ... you from? — I ... from New York. 5. I … a pupil Повествовательном предложении. 6. My father ... not a teacher, he ... a scientist. 7. ... your aunt a doctor? — Yes, she.... 8. ... they at home? — No, they ... not at home, they ... at work. 9. My brother ... a worker. He ... at work. 10. ... you an engineer? — Yes, I... . 11. … your sister a typist? – No, she … not a typist, she … a student. 12. Helen Повествовательном предложении … a painter. She has some fine pictures. They … on the walls. 13. Where … you? – I … in the kitchen. 15. Where … Liza and John? – They … at college.
Задание 2.Переведите на британский язык, употребляя глагол to be в Present Simple.
1. Как тебя зовут? — Меня зовут Аня. 2. Какой твой адресок? — Мой адресок: Оксфорд Повествовательном предложении Стрит, 45. 3. Откуда ты родом? (... приехала?) — Я из Лондона 4. Кто он (на фото)? - Это мой отец. 5. Как его зовут? — Его зовут Джон. 6. Где он? — Он в Лондоне. 7. Я Елена, а это Коля. Он мой брат. Ему 10 лет, а мне 12 лет. Мы из Петербурга. 8. Я ученик. Я в школе. 9. Мой брат – живописец Повествовательном предложении. Он не инженер. 10. Моя сестра на работе. Она доктор. 11. Вы студент? – Нет, я доктор. 12. Мы не в школе, мы дома. 13. Мой дедушка – ученый. 14. Моя мать – не учительница. Она – доктор. 15. Твой папа на работе? – Да.
К таблице 8.3: Оборота «There+be»
Задание 1.Воткните оборот «There+be»в соответственной форме и времени Повествовательном предложении.
1. There ____ some pens in the pencil-box. 2. There ____ 25 students in our group last year. 3. There ____ a party at my place next week. 4. Which book ____ on the table? There ____ an English book on it. 5. There ____ nothing interesting in her letter. 6. There ____ one Institute and many schools in our town Повествовательном предложении. 7. There ____ many old buildings in my town when I was a child. 8. There ____ a skyscraper (небоскреб) in this part of the city in two years. 9. ____ there a book on the table when you came in? 10. There ____ 10 tape-recorders (магнитофоны) in this classroom last year. Now there ____ only 6. 11. There ____ a book-shelf Повествовательном предложении, a cupboard, a table and four chairs in the hall. 12. There ____ a new monument in our town next year. 13. ____ there a park near your house ten years ago? 14. ____ there a museum in the centre of the city? 15. There ____ many apple-trees in our garden when I was a child Повествовательном предложении. 16. There ____ an interesting film over TV the day after tomorrow. 17. There ____ a bad, a newspaper and 2 magazines in my хэнд now. 18. There ____ three mistakes in your dictation.
Задание 2.Воткните оборот «There+be»в соответственной форме и времени.
1. There……..many cakes on the dish.
2. There……..an interesting film over Повествовательном предложении TV the day after tomorrow.
3. There……..a bag, a newspaper and 2 magazines in my хэнд now.
4. There……..three mistakes in your dictation.
5. There……..very many people at the stadium two days ago.
6. There……..a picture and many flowers in this room.
7. There……..some pens in the pencil-box.
8. There……..25 students Повествовательном предложении in our group last year.
9. There……..a party at my place next week.
10. Which book……….on the table? There……..an English book on it.
К таблице 8.4: Глаголы «to be, to have, to do»
Задание 1. Поставьте глагол to haveв подходящей форме и времени.
1. We (to have) a chat last Friday Повествовательном предложении. 2. We (to have) a rest abroad next summer. 3. John (to have) a two-room flat? 4. How many classes _____ you _____ on Monday? 5. I usually (to have) dinner with my family. 6. She (to have) many beautiful flowers at home, soon she (to have) even more. 7. John (to have) a problem yesterday Повествовательном предложении. 8. A good teacher (to have) some of the gifts of a good actor.
9. We (to have) lecture in History next Monday. 10. The University (to have) a good library and a reading hall. 11. She (to have) a bath every day. 12. What time does Ann usually (to have) lunch? 13. When she was Повествовательном предложении a child she (to have) long fair hair. 14. She (to have) a new job next month. 15. I can’t get into the house. I (to have) no key. 16. They (to have) a lot of friends when they lived in London. 17. He (to have) a swim in the river Повествовательном предложении in a month. 18. Did you (to have) a car when you lived in London? 19. He usually (to have) a big breakfast in the morning. 20. They (to have) a Party next weekend. 21. I (to have) a nice time yesterday with my friends. 22. (To have) you any money? Yes Повествовательном предложении, I (to have), but little. 23. Usually Nell (to have) breakfast at 8 o’clock. But yesterday she (to have) it at 7.30. 24. Alex and Tom (to have) many photos soon. They bought cameras. 25. It is a big wooden table. It (to have) four legs. 26. I (to have) a beautiful lamp on my Повествовательном предложении table when I was a girl
Задание 2. Поставьте глагол to beв подходящей форме и времени.
1. He (to be) in London on holiday last year. 2. They (to be) in Italy two years ago. 3. London (to be) famous for its green parks. 4. She (to be) a teacher in a year.
5. We Повествовательном предложении (to be) doctors next year. 6. I (to be) sure, you (to be) the best student of the group. 7. She (to be) back in an hour or two. 8. There (to be) six faculties at our Institute. 9. They (to be) in the reading hall two hours ago. 10. There (to be) a hostel, a Повествовательном предложении reading hall and a library in the second building. 11. It (to be) cold.
12. - Where (to be) my books? - One (to be) on the table, the other (to be) on the shelf. 13. Tom (to be) put in the hospital tonight. 14. My friend (to be) in London last year. 15. He (to be Повествовательном предложении) at home in two hours. 16. We (to be) at the library after classes the day after tomorrow. 17. She (to be) a student of the Civil Engineering Faculty. 18. We (to be) in the village last summer. 19. There (to be) a picture and some flowers on the wall Повествовательном предложении. 20. There (to be) many children in this hall yesterday. 21. I (to be) married. My wife (to be) a pretty girl of 22 years old. 22. They (to be) tired yesterday, because they worked a lot. 23. I (to be) glad to see you tomorrow. 24. I (to be) late for the train two days ago. 25. She Повествовательном предложении (to be) glad to see you next month. 26. There (to be) no entrance there. There (to be) an entrance here several years ago. 27. (to be) there any through trains (прямые поезда) now? 28. (to be) there a concert of this popular singer next week? 29. There (to be) no Повествовательном предложении good instruments in the old days. 30. There (to be) a window, a door, two mirrors and no furniture in this room. 31. I (to be) very glad to see you soon. 32. You (to be) busy tomorrow? 33. Steve and Nick (to be) student. 34. There (to be) a big wooden table and four Повествовательном предложении chairs in our kitchen. 35. Bob and Jane (to be) in the same class next year. 36. We (to be) at home in the evening the day before yesterday 37. Cat (to be) not near his milk. He (to be) near it 10 minutes ago. 38. We (to be) in the street in an hour Повествовательном предложении. 39. Pete (to be) seventeen years old, he (to be) eighteen year old next month. 40. It (to be) autumn a week ago. And now it (to be) winter.41. It (to be) not a station, the station (to be) far from this place. Station (to be) here long ago. 42. Children Повествовательном предложении (to be) in the house, because the weather (to be) bad today.
Задание 3. Поставьте глагол to doв подходящей форме и времени.
1. What you ____tomorrow? 2. She ____this work last week. 3. What your brother ____next summer? 4. She ____this work about the house every day. 5. How ____you like it here? 6. What ____you Повествовательном предложении see at the cinema last week? 7. She ____cooking every week. 8. ____you study English at the Institute? 9. ____ you ____this work tomorrow? 10. ____you want tea or coffee? 11. She ____her morning exercises every day. 12. They ____not speak French, they speak English. 13. I ____well at all my exams. 14. What ____ you ____tomorrow at 5 o Повествовательном предложении’clock? 15. ____you go to the Institute the day before yesterday? Yes, I ____. 16. He ____ it every day. 17. ____ you like these photos? 18. I ____ the exercise in 10 minutes. 19. What ____ you want? 20. When ____ you come to the Institute last Monday? 21. Where ____ you ____ this task next month? 22. How well ____ she know English? 23. How often Повествовательном предложении ____ you go to the library this week? 24. What ____ he ____ at the University in the evening?
К таблице 8.5: «Have/have got»
Задание 3. Употребите «Have/have got»в подходящей форме и времени.
1. They ____ no television-set last year. 2. I ____ 5 examinations next winter. 3. She ____ a cold now. 4. How often ____ you Повествовательном предложении ____ English classes last month? 5. Which of you ____ a sister? 6. ____ he ____ any English books last year? No, he ____ not ____. 7. Who ____ this article at home? 8. I ____ a lot of interesting games at home. 9. ____ you ____ a test next Monday or Wednesday? I ____ it next Monday. 10. She ____ her breakfast at 7 o’clock yesterday. 11. ____ he ____ a Повествовательном предложении test last week? 12. ____ you ____ many books at home? 13. I ____ breakfast early today. 14. ____ you time to go to the concert tonight? 15. He ____ only one child. 16. I ____ a family. 17. My friend ____ a brother, but he ____ not any sisters. 18. ____ you ____ a test last week? 19. ____ she ____ time to go to the theatre Повествовательном предложении tomorrow? 20. Her child ____ a cold now. 21. When ____ you usually ____ time to go to the cinema? 22. ____ you ____ any friends here? 23. When ____ you usually ____ time to go to the cinema? 24. He ____ a sister, but he ____ any brothers. 25. She ____ not ____ English next week because her teacher is ill. 26. She ____ new skates. 27.____ you ____ a Повествовательном предложении large family? 28. He ____ not ____ a computer at home. 29. I ____ classes in the morning. 30. ____ you ____ your musical lesson yesterday? 31. I ____ much work to do now. 32. ____ you ____ a car two years ago? 33. I ____ any English books at home. 34. He ____ some interesting photos in his album. 35. Who ____ any question? I ____ one Повествовательном предложении question.
К таблице 8.6: Времена глагола в активном залоге
Задание 1. Поставьте глаголы, стоящие в скобках, в Present Perfect либо Past Indefinite (Simple) зависимо от смысла.
1. You (to reed) that book yet? – No, Sonly just (to begin) it. 2. Comrade D. (to leave) Moscow? – No, he is still in Moscow. 3. When the delegation (to Повествовательном предложении arrive) in Moscow? – It (to arrive) yesterday. 4. I not (to see) Comrade A. at the lecture. 5. I not (to see) this film yet, but I (to hear) a lot about it. 6. He isn’t here, he just (to go) out. 7. I (to have) no news from him since he (to leave Повествовательном предложении) home. 8. We (to discuss) the matter during supper.
Задание 2. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в подходящем времени. Переведите предложения на российский язык.
1. If everybody (to read) this new novel, let us discuss it. 2. The girl (to find) Lanny lying on the road motionless. 3. She (to be ill) the whole Повествовательном предложении week. You ought to go and help her in her studies. 4. “You (to book) the tickets?” “Yes, I have. I (to book) them several days ago”. 5. “I (to warn) twice”. 6. “I am glad that you (to follow) my instructions,”- my uncle (to say). 7. When they (to enter) the Повествовательном предложении kitchen she (to give) him a bowl fuul of water to wash his face and hands. 8. I can hardly recognize you. I (not to see) you since you (to leave) for Odessa. And you (to change) so much. 9. The children (to decide) to play in the garden because the day Повествовательном предложении day was warm and the sun (to shine) brightly. 10. “You (to travel) never, therefore you (not to know) anything about the dangers of travel,”- my uncle said to me.
Задание 3.Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous либо в Present Simple.
1. I (not to know) what to give Повествовательном предложении my brother for his birthday. 2. They (to want) to publish this book in July? 3. She (to think) he (to drive) dangerously. 4. He (to understand) that he (to eat) noisily, but he always (to forget) about it. 5. Who that man (to be) who (to stand) in the doorway? — You (not Повествовательном предложении to recognize) him? It (to be) John, my cousin. 6. I (to have) no time now, I (to have) dinner. 7. Your family (to leave) St. Petersburg in summer? — Yes, we always (to go) to the seaside. We all (to like) the sea. Mother (to stay) with us to the end Повествовательном предложении of August, but father (to return) much earlier. 8. Where Tom and Nick (to be) now? — They (to have) a smoke in the garden. 9. What you (to do) here now? — We (to listen) to tape recordings. 10. You (to want) to see my father? -Yes, I... . 11. In the evening I often (to Повествовательном предложении go) to see my friends. 12. On Sundays we sometimes (to go) to the cinema or to a disco club. 13. Where Boris (to be)? I (to look) for him. – He ( to have) dinner. 14. It (to be) six o’clock in the evening now. Victor (to do) his Повествовательном предложении homework. His sister (to read) a book. His mother and father (to talk). 15. I (to write) a letter to my grandmother who (to live) in Novgorod. I (to write) her very often. 16. Hello, Peter! Where you (to go)? – I (to hurry) to school. 16. When your lessons (to begin) on Monday? – They Повествовательном предложении (to begin) at nine o’clock.
Задание 4.Поставьтеглаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Perfect. Растолкуйте необходимость потребления конкретно сих пор.
1. Jill was afraid she (forget) her key at home, but she found it in her handbag. 2. Dad wasn’t at home when I came back. He (go) out Повествовательном предложении twenty minutes before. 3. I wasn’t hungry because I (just/have) breakfast. 4. Peter saw an urgent message on his table. Somebody (leave) it the day before. 5. I apologized I (not/phone) her. 6. He told me that he (come back) a fortnight before. 7. I knew him at once though I Повествовательном предложении (meet) him many years before. 8. We spent the night in Klin, a town we (often/hear of) but (never/see). 9. They couldn’t believe he (give up) his job in the bank. He (make) a good living there. 10. Mr. Jackson said that he (already/buy) everything for lunch. 11. Alice asked Повествовательном предложении her brother where he (arrange) to meet his friends. 12. We had no car at that time because we (sell) our old one. 13. They (finish) painting the ceiling by two o’clock. 14. Hardly… I (go) to bed when the telephone rang. 15. I kept silence for a while thinking of what he Повествовательном предложении (tell) me. 16. Bob tried to find a job after he (serve) a five-year sentence.
Задание 5. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одном из последующих времен: Present Simple, Past Simple, Present Continuous, Past Continuous.
1.Where you (to be) yesterday? — I (to be) at home the whole day. — How strange Повествовательном предложении. I (to ring) you up at two o'clock, but nobody (to answer). — Oh, I (to be) in the garden. I (to read) your book and (not to hear) the telephone. 2. What you (to do) at five o'clock yesterday? — I (to work) in the library. — I (to Повествовательном предложении be) there, too, but I (not to see) you. 3. Nina (to celebrate) her birthday yesterday. Her room looked beautiful, there (to be) many flowers in it. When I (to come) in, somebody (to play) the piano, two or three pairs (to dance). 4. Listen! Somebody (to play) the piano. 5. I (to like) music Повествовательном предложении very much. 6. When I (to look) out of the window, it (to rain) heavily and people (to hurry) along the streets. 7. What you (to do) at seven o'clock yesterday? — I (to have) supper. 8. When I (to come) home yesterday? I (to see) that all my family Повествовательном предложении (to sit) round the table. Father (to read) a letter from my uncle who (to live) in Kiev. 9. Yesterday I (to work) at my English from five till seven. 10. It (to rain) the whole day yesterday.
Задание 6.Поставьтеглаголы, данные в скобках, в Present Perfect. Растолкуйте необходимость потребления конкретно сих пор Повествовательном предложении.
1. I (not get) the grant this year. 2. The settlers (leave) the bay forever. 3. He (not answer) my letter yet. 4. You ever (eat) caviar? 5. She recently (become) a student. 6. They (travel) all over the world. 7. How long you (be) here? 8. I saw her in May but I (not see) her Повествовательном предложении this month. 9. My friend (buy) a new car. 10. I (lose) my gloves. 11. I never (ride) a camel. 12. They never (behave) like this before.
Задание 7.Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect либо Past Simple.
1. Helen speaks French so well because she (to live) in France. 2. She (to live) there last year. 3. The rain Повествовательном предложении (to stop) and the sun is shining in the sky again. 4. The rain (to stop) half an hour ago. Mary (to buy) a new hat. 6. I (to buy) a pair of gloves yesterday. 7. The wind (to blow) off the man's hat, and he cannot catch it. 8. The Повествовательном предложении weather (to change), and we can go for a walk. 9. The wind (to change) in the morning. 10. We (to travel) around Europe last year.
Задание 8.Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect либо Past Simple.
1.Last night I (to feel) tired and (to go) to bed very early. 2. Where Повествовательном предложении you (to spend) your holidays? You ever (to spend) your holidays in the Crimea? 4. While travelling in the Crimea I (to meet) your friend. 5. I never (to visit) that place. 6. He (to visit) that place last year. 7. I just (to get) a letter from Тоm. 8. You (to take) any photographs while travel Повествовательном предложенииling in the south? 9. He (to be) abroad five years ago. 10. You (to be) in the Caucasus last year?
Задание 9.Поставьтеглаголы, данные в скобках, в Past PerfectлибоPast Indefinite (Simple). Растолкуйте ваш выбор.
1.I (wake up) early and got out of bed.
A. woke up B. had woken up
2.I got Повествовательном предложении out of bed an hour later I (wake up)
A. woke u B. had woken up
3.We were late. The meeting (start) an hour before.
A. started B. had started
4.She was the most delightful person I (ever/meet).
A. ever met B. had ever met
5.That morning she (dress), (phone Повествовательном предложении) somebody, went out.
A. dressed B. had dressed; A. phoned B. had phoned.
6.That morning she went out after she (phone) somebody.
A. phoned B. had phoned
7.He was tired because he (work) hard in the garden all day.
A. worked B. had worked
8.The sun (set), it (get) dark, and Повествовательном предложении we went home.
A. set, got B. had set, got
9.The Hills were in a hurry, but they (take) a taxi and managed to arrive exactly on time.
A. took B. had taken
10.The Hills managed to arrive exactly on time because they (take) a taxi.
A. took B. had taken
11.He said Повествовательном предложении he (break) the lamp post.
A. broke B. had broken
12.We asked Peter to come with us, but he refused. He (already/promise) to play football with his friends.
A. already promised B. had already promised
13.I saw a nice kitten when I (open) the basket.
A. opened B Повествовательном предложении. had opened
14.After I (write) all my letters, I went to the kitchen to make coffee.
A. wrote B. had written
Задание 10. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple либо Past Perfect.
1. Tom (to return) from the cinema at five o'clock. 2. Tom (to return) from the cinema by five o'clock. 3. I (to Повествовательном предложении finish) my homework at seven o'clock. 4. I (tо finish) my homework by seven o'clock. 5. He (to think) that he (to lose) the money. 9. Ann (to tell) me that she (to see) an interesting film. 7. When I (to come) home, mother already (to cook) dinner. When father Повествовательном предложении (to return) from work, we already (to do) our homework. 9. When the teacher (to enter) the classroom, the pupils already (to open) their books. 10. Kate (to give) me the book which she (to buy) the day before.
Задание 11.Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Рast SimpleлибоPast Perfect.
1. By two o'clock the Повествовательном предложении teacher (to examine) all the students. 2. On my way to school I (to remember) that I (to leave) my report at home. 3. All my friends (to be) glad to hear that I (to pass) all the examinations successfully. 4. Poor Oliver (to lie) unconscious on the spot where Sikes Повествовательном предложении (to leave) him. 5. He (to open) his eyes, (to look) around and (to try) to remember what (to happen) to him. 6. All the passengers (to see) at once that the old man (to travel a great deal in his life. 7. By the time we (to come) to see him, he Повествовательном предложении (to return) home. 8. During the holidays my friend (to visit) the village where he (to live) in his childhood. 9. When they (to enter) the hall the performance already (to begin). 10. When I came home, my mother (to tell) me that she (to receive) a letter from grandfather.
Задание 12.Заполните Повествовательном предложении пропуски соответственной формой глагола, данного в скобках) и переведите предложения.
1. He … much (to read). 2. She … to Moscow last year (to come). 3. I … to him tomorrow (to speak). 4. They … English well (to know). 5. Yesterday he … much (to work). 6. Next year we … to the Crimea (to go). 7. I … to go Повествовательном предложении the cinema (not to want). 8. He … me many questions at the lesson yesterday (to ask). 9. He … this book from the library tomorrow (to take). 10. 11. 12. We … basketball in summer (to play). 13. I … this place many years ago (to visit). 14. She … her music lessons next week (to begin).
Задание 13.Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Повествовательном предложении Present Continuous либо Past Continuous.
1. I (to write) an English exercise now. 2. I (to write) an English exercise at this time yesterday. 3. My little sister (to sleep) now. 4. My little sister (to sleep) at this time yesterday. 5. You (to eat) ice-cream now? 6. What your father (to do) now Повествовательном предложении? 7.What your father (to do) from 8 till 9 yesterday? 8. Why she (to cry) now? 9. Why she (to cry) when I saw her yesterday? 10. She (to read) the whole evening yesterday. 11. She (not to read) now. 12. Now she (to go) to school. 13. What you (to do) now? – I (to drink) tea. 14. You (to Повествовательном предложении drink) tea at this time yesterday? – No, I (not to drink) tea at this time yesterday, I (to eat) a banana. 15. My sister is fond of reading. She (to read) the whole evening yesterday, and now she (to read) again. 16. Look! My cat (to play) with a ball. 17. When Повествовательном предложении I went out into the garden, the sun (to shine) and birds (to sing) in the trees.
Задание 14.Изберите правильную временную форму глагола.
1. The river Nile flows/is flowing into the Mediterranean. 2. My parents are living/live in Moscow. 3. He usually stays/is staying at the Baltimor Hotel when Повествовательном предложении he is in London. 4. Don’t forget to take your umbrella. It rains/is raining outside. 5. I am leaving/leave. Good night. 6. My dad is a teacher, but he doesn’t work/is not working at the moment. 7. The boy does/is doing his homework now. 8. They seldom quarrel/are Повествовательном предложении quarrelling. 9. The Earth moves/is moving round the Sun. 10. Now they are crossing/cross the street. 11. Birds fly/are flying to warm countries in autumn. 12. The children often laugh/are laughing at their funny little friend. 13. She always talks/is talking to him on the telephone Повествовательном предложении.
Задание 15.Откройте скобки и поставьте глаголы, глядя по смыслу, в Future Continuous либо Future Indefinite.
1. The teacher (to ask) us at the lesson. He (to ask) us the whole lesson. 2. He (to return) home on Sunday. Please come and see us. 3. I (to work) in the library from six to nine o’clock. 4. They Повествовательном предложении (to go) to the South at this time tomorrow. 5. She (to become) a doctor in two years. 6. At the beginning of the lesson one of our students (to show) us his pictures. 7. His daughter (to take) music lessons.
Задание 16.Изберите правильную временную форму глагола, данного в скобках.Растолкуйте собственный выбор.
1. I Повествовательном предложении’m interested in what you … about yourself (says/is saying/are saying).
2. “I’m not going to take it, Herb.” “You … your time, really” (waste/wastes/is wasting/are wasting).
3. “I told them to get right out.” “And what?.. they…, Queenie?” (do … pack/does … pack/is Повествовательном предложении … packing/are ... packing).
4. “You mean Mr. Jackson’s nephew.” “Whose nephew?” “Mr. Arnold Jackson.” “I don’t think we … … of the same person,” – answered Bateman (speaks/is speaking/are speaking).
5. He laughed. She glanced quickly over: “Why … you …?” (does … laughing/do … laugh/is … laughing/are … laughing).
6. The wedding is Повествовательном предложении set for May 21st. I … … you on May 21st (am marrying/is marrying/are marrying).
7. I say, listen! Someone … … a bath (is having/are having).
Задание 17.Изберите правильную временную форму глагола, данного в скобках.Растолкуйте собственный выбор.
1. He (is having, has) an examination twice a year. 2. They (are discussing, discuss) the new film now Повествовательном предложении. 3. They (are discussing, discuss) every new film. 4. She went straight (прямо) to bed and (was sleeping, slept) till 8 o’clock. 5. Don’t speak so loudly! He (is making, makes) a report in the next room. 6. He usually (is making, makes) very interesting reports.
Задание 18.Откройте скобки и Повествовательном предложении поставьте глаголы, глядя по смыслу, в Present Indefinite (Simple)либо Present Continuous.
1. We (to gather) mushrooms in summer. 2. The children are in the forest now. They (to gather) mushrooms. 3. Where is Kate? She (to do) her homework. She always (to do) her homework in the evening. 4. The pupils Повествовательном предложении (to write) compositions once a month. 5. Don’t shout. The pupils of the ninth form (to write) compositions. 6. Water (to boil) at 100 °C. 7. Turn off the gas. The milk (to boil). 8. Mary (to dance) all modern dances very well. 9. Look! Peter (to dance) with Jane. 10. Where you (to hurry Повествовательном предложении)? 11. Helen usually gets up late. She always (to hurry) to school. 12. As a rule Paul (to prepare) his reports in time. 13. Don’t disturb him. He (to prepare) for his examinations. 14. Take along your umbrella. It (to rain). 15. It often (to rain) in England.
Задание 19. Present, Past, Future Indefinite (Simple) -Изберите (из Повествовательном предложении скобок) правильную временную форму глагола.
1. It often … in winter. (snow, snowed, will snow, snows) 2. Mr. Brown … newspapers, he reads books. (doesn’t read, don’t read, didn’t read, won’t read) 3. He … football every day on his holidays last year. (plays, play, played, will play) 4. My brother Повествовательном предложении … economics next year. (will study, studies, studied, study) 5. He always … a cigarette as he waits for the train. (smoked, will smoke, smoke, smokes) 6. They … us some red apples every week. (bring, will bring, brings, brought) 7. He remained (оставаться) in our city for a long time because he … it Повествовательном предложении very much. (likes, liked, like, will like) 8. He … a doctor in a year. (will be, was, is, are) 9. She … well because she … every evening. (will sleep, slept, sleeps, sleep) 10. We … this example an hour ago. (discussed, will discuss, discuss, discusses) 11. Next June I … to the seaside. (will go, go Повествовательном предложении, shall go, goes) 12. My sister